Top 10 Free Things to Do in San Diego
With perfect weather and fun activities, attractions, and historic landmarks there’s something for the entire family. The Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South is conveniently located just off the I-805 freeway, getting around San Diego is a breeze.
- Visit our gorgeous beaches. All are free to the public, to swim, surf, and soak up the sun.
- Go to La Jolla Cove and see the beautiful sunset fall over the ocean.
- Take a walk through the historic Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego and be mesmerized by its architecture.
- Get some fresh air with a jog or rent a beach cruiser and ride along Mission Bay Park's trails. There is more than 20 miles of scenic running paths with breathtaking views along the shoreline.
- Take time to go bird watching or hike the many trails that lead down to Torrey Pines State Beach at the Torrey Pines State Reserve.
- Get cozy and build a bonfire with your family and friends at one of San Diego’s many beaches including: Coronado Beach, La Jolla Shores and Mission Beach.
- It's exploration time! Gaze at the tide-pools in Point Loma during low tide and get up close and personal with flowery anemones, crustaceans, and octopi.
- Experience the night time wonders of San Diego and stargaze outside the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park on the first Wednesday of every month. Telescopes will be available.
- Want to go re-live San Diego history? Visit Old Town San Diego and wander around freely through the historic buildings.
- Have a nice leisurely stroll in Seaport Village located in downtown San Diego. Activities include free, live entertainment and window shopping.